Assistant Professor of Special Education
Faculty Classification: AY
Faculty Status: Tenure-Track
Status: Open Until Filled
Department Name: Education & Leadership Department
Degree/Program: MAE - Special Education
Job Number: FAC2019-325
Priority Screening Date: 10/15/2019
Recruitment Status: Apply now! Priority screening date is October 15, 2019.
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. During our 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration in 2019-20, we will complete two major building projects: the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Student Union. Bay 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
- Teach post-baccalaureate and graduate courses for credential and Master of Arts program in Special Education
- Strong commitment to developing a modern curriculum
- Ability to teach courses in curriculum and instruction, inclusion, behavior analysis/support, collaboration and consultation, formal and informal assessment; supervise student teachers; advise students, including thesis students
- Engage in research, professional activity and scholarly writing
- Ph.D. in Special Education or related field by the time of appointment from an accredited doctoral program
- Ability to teach effectively in a wide range of courses
- Experience working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community
- Certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), or BCBA eligible
- Applicants must have a strong background in:
- program development and inclusionary practices for students with disabilities
- evidence-based interventions for students with disabilities
- single case design research methods
- minimum of 3 years experience serving children with disabilities
- Experience teaching hybrid courses
- Demonstrated leadership skills in professional or academic areas are desirable
- Publication record
- Experience with behavior analytic techniques for students with disabilities
- Experience supervising teachers
- Experience working with families in multicultural settings
- Experience teaching in inclusive settings
- University teaching experience
- Grant writing ability
- Experience in developing and implementing educational goals for multicultural population
- Bilingual Spanish
Other Related Information:
Special Conditions of Employment:
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Educations Family Educational Rights and Privacy and Californias Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
Compensation and Benefits:
CAMPUS HOUSING INFORMATION
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application and submit required documents by the priority screening date found at csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura and Antle Family Memorial Library (map).
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency